A tri-layer extrusion is a single lumen tube comprised of three discrete layers. VistaMed designs and manufactures a wide range of three layer material combinations. These combinations can include, but are not limited to:
- Tie-Layer Material
Multi-layered medical tubing
Tri-layer structure allows the extrusion to have unique characteristics throughout the tube:
- Lubricious ID: Inner layer material having a low co-efficient of friction
- Lubricious OD: Outer layer material haveing a low co-efficient of friction
- Physical Properties: Layer Materials can be tailored to increase burst strength, decrease elongation or improve tensile strength.
- Bondability: Outer layer material that allows for bonding to other polymeric materials or Ink.
- Tie-Layer: Tri-layer tubing provides two non-compatible materials the ability to bond together.
- Encapsulation: Possible to encapsulate a radiopaque or filled resin between two unfilled resin layers.
- Tri-Layer Bump Tubing: Allows 2 different outer and inner diameters within the same tubing.
OD sizes typically ranging from 0.4mm to 4mm.
Typical tolerance +/- 0.015mm. As material change so can tolerances.
Typical testing: Tensile, elongation, burst pressure, wall measurement, and delamination all available on site.