A tri-layer extrusion is a single lumen tube comprised of three discrete layers. VistaMed has the ability to design and build a wide range three layer material combinations. These combinations can include, but are not limited to:
- Tie-Layer Material
Multi-layered medical tubing
Tri-layer structure allows the extrusion to have unique characteristics throughout the tube:
- Lubricious ID: Inner layer material having a low co-efficient of friction
- Physical Properties: Layer Materials can be tailored to increase burst strength, decrease elongation or improve tensile strength.
- Bondability: Outer layer material that allows for bonding to other polymeric materials or Ink.
- Tie-Layer: Tri-layer tubing provides two non-compatible materials the ability to bond together.
- Encapsulation: Non-medical material/ingredient to be encapsulated between two medical-grade layers.